High Blood Pressure is also identified as Elevated blood pressure and it is well recognised as a “systolic pressure between 120 to 129” with a significant diastolic pressure of less than 80. In simple words, high BP can also be determined as a systolic pressure of more then 130, as well as a diastolic pressure of 80 or more.
- High BP puts extra pressure on the heart, blood vessels, as well as other organs, including the kidneys, brain, and eyes of an individual.
- If a person is suffering from high blood pressure, then he/she has a high risk of a number of serious as well as potentially life-threatening health diseases including heart disease and heart attacks.
- Blurred vision, Nosebleeds, Chest pain, headaches, dizziness as well as shortness of breath are well recognised as key symptoms of High blood pressure.
In other words, if you have some specific symptoms, comprising nausea, fatigue, light-headedness, shortness of breath, headache, palpitations or irregular heartbeats, excessive sweating, problems with your vision, or confusion then you can be considered a patient with high BP. In addition to this, these kinds of problems are considered to be serious as well as warrant prompt medical attention. High blood pressure has three stages comprising stage 1, stage 2 as well as stage 3.
- If you are in stage 1 of hypertension, then your blood pressure level exceeds 140/90.
- In stage 2, the blood pressure level of an individual becomes higher than 160/100.
- If you are in stage 3 hypertension, then your blood pressure level exceeds 180/110.
What is Low Blood Pressure?
The situation of low blood pressure can occur when the body of an individual does not have enough water. In scientific terms, “low blood pressure is primarily considered as a blood pressure reading lesser than 90 millimeters of mercury (mm Hg) for the top number (systolic) as well as 60 mm Hg for the bottom number (diastolic)”.
- If an individual is suffering from the issue of low BP, then his/her vital organs do not get enough oxygen as well as nutrients.
- Low blood pressure primarily requires immediate medical attention because it includes various signs of shocks.
- The key signs of shock comprise cold as well as sweaty skin, a blue skin tone, rapid breathing, or a weak and rapid pulse.
- Light-headedness or dizziness, blurred vision, feeling sick, confusion, generally feeling weak, as well as fainting are determined as key causes of low blood pressure.
In simple words, fever, severe diarrhoea, vomiting, overuse of diuretics as well as strenuous exercise can be the key reasons behind dehydration and it creates an adverse impact on the blood pressure level of an individual.
- If an individual has “low diastolic pressure”, it means that he or she has low coronary artery pressure, as well as his or her heart, is going to lack oxygen and blood.
- Dehydration, severe infection (septicemia), absence of nutrients in the diet, and so on are determined as the major causes of low blood pressure.
Causes of High Blood Pressure?
The issue of high BP usually develops over time. Moreover, high BP can happen due to unhealthy lifestyle choices including the absence of regular physical activity. Certain health conditions including diabetes as well as obesity can also enhance the risk of developing high BP. The risk of High blood pressure can also occur during the time of pregnancy.
Things that can increase the risk of getting high BP are:
- Direct as well as passive smoking
- Irregularity in exercise
- Absence of regular sleep or disturbed sleep
- Consumption of too much alcohol as well as coffee or other caffeine-based drinks
- Consumption of too much salt as well as irregular consumption of enough vegetables and fruit.
In simple words, an overweight individual has a significant amount of risk of high blood pressure. Moreover, being overweight as well as obese can enhance the risk of high BP among an individual. In addition to this, lack of physical activity, smoking, consumption of too much salt in the diet, high consumption of alcohol, stress, older age as well as genetics are well-recognised as key causes of high BP.
- Insomnia is primarily linked to heart disease as well as high blood pressure.
- Stress can also be determined as a key reason behind a steep rise in BP
- Unhealthy lifestyle choices including the absence of regular physical activities can be determined as a key reason behind high BP among youth
- Low energy level and high tiredness are determined as key reasons behind high BP
Currently, the consumption of alcohol as well as coffee is increasing among the younger generation and it leads to a positive impact on the blood pressure level of an individual.
- In medical terms, tobacco use, as well as vaping, and low potassium levels, can lead to enhance risk of high BP among an individual.
- Moreover, kidney disease, heart defects, genetic conditions, as well as hormonal disorders can be determined as significant reasons behind high blood pressure among children
- Approximately 4% of children, as well as teenagers that belong to the age group of 13 to 18 years have high blood pressure at the global level.
- The level of blood pressure is lower among infants as compared to older children.
- Headaches, nosebleeds, as well as shortness of breath, are determined as warning signs of blood pressure.
Sometimes, a high level of anxiety can cause long-term high blood pressure. Moreover, the key episodes of anxiety can lead to dramatic as well as temporary spikes in blood pressure. In addition to this, genetics are likely to play a significant role in heart disease, high blood pressure, as well as other related conditions. Therefore, it has been determined that high BP can create an adverse impact on the living pattern of well beings.
This news blog was written on behalf of Medicine Drop. The views in this blog are that of the authors and you should not take the information as factual without speaking to your GP or Pharmacist for health advice.