Innovation, Goodwill & Transparency
At Medicine Drop, this is our ethos
Our mission to innovate how your service users receive their medication across the UK; means chasing prescriptions, marking missed dosages or seeking medication advice can be an issue for the past. We listen and make changes, allowing companies like yours to receive a bespoke pharmacy service. Tailoring medication deliveries, auditing MAR sheet dates and tracking service user’s prescriptions is a snippet of us going the extra mile, so your carer’s and nurses don’t have too. Medication guidance, delivery date confirmations and policies encourage your carer’s, extra care sites or care homes to build a close relationship with that one pharmacy team that can service all.
Have your monthly cycle, delivered all together at once
It can be stressful when you take on new service users or a patient receives a new medication half way through your cycle and their out of sync with everybody else. It can be frustrating when you need some quick medication advice but don’t know who to call. It can be confusing when you have different MAR sheets or little communication.
At Medicine Drop, we stand by our ethos and strive to deliver a unique pharmacy service to Care Homes across the UK completely free of charge.
- Tick with your monthly medication requests off our picklists and let us our team order for you and chase any missing items. (We will let you know if your GP surgery does not allow this).
- Let us tell you how many tablets you will need to sync patient X with your monthly cycle delivery.
- Receive medication Administration training and a dedicated medication query phone line.
- Meet your policy requirements by having; tailored MAR keys, spaces to double sign, dates tracked and identical blank MARs. If you’re fed up of the paperwork, try our eMAR system.
- Receive end to end communication on interims and urgent same day deliveries.
Use the same pharmacy from anywhere in the UK
We understand the strain on carers having to chase prescriptions from multiple pharmacies for multiple patients.
At Medicine Drop, we aren’t constrained to one geographical area. We can deliver medication to any of your service users across the UK and answer all of your questions from one place. We save your carer’s time and effort so they can focus on providing the support your clients need.
Using Medicine Drop, you will be able to:
- Track prescription requests, door to door.
- Train your carers on only one MAR sheet or move paperless to eMAR.
- Receive monthly medication in line with MAR sheets.
- Have medication synced and delivered at one time, saving repeated trips to the pharmacy.
- Book a video Consultation to speak to a pharmacist for advice.
- Remove the stress of having to chase Interims and urgent deliveries.
This is a free service to both company and patient but your service users have the right to choose which pharmacy they receive medication from. If you think our service would benefit them and help you provide more focused care, you can ask for their consent to sign up on their behalf.
Call us to request free medication deliveries
Ordering prescription medications couldn’t be easier. If your client is on regular repeat medications and struggles to order themselves, we can manage their prescription deliveries* for them. This way you will never need to worry about medications running low. We will check if they are ready to re-order one week before their delivery is due.
We like to promote independence where possible, so if your service user is capable of ordering medications themselves, they can simply phone our pharmacy team to put in an order request and track their delivery every step of the way. We can remind them when their medication might be running low, so they can request more.
We think communication is key so if prescriptions cannot be filled or needs changing, we will contact you straight away. Reasons may be that; you a due a review, your medication is too early to reorder, there are nationwide stock shortages.
*We will let you know if their surgery doesn’t allow this
Medicines ‘dropped’ off, it’s free
Medications are all packaged discreetly and securely. We deliver our packages via Royal Mail 48® and you and can track the progress of your order every step of the way. If your service user cannot accept delivery of their medication, you can arrange to use another safe destination. We can deliver medication to any address; it can be left in a safe place, with a neighbour or delivered to work.
Deliveries are completely free to anywhere in the UK. We cover all the costs meaning our service is no extra charge to your company, your clients, GP surgeries or the NHS. You can find more in depth answers to any questions on our FAQ page.
We have seen all too many times carers and care homes chasing missing prescriptions, so our founders set out to make ordering and receiving your repeat prescriptions easy and today our partners believe we have done just that!